The NYC chapter started in 2010 and there were 25 Fellows in the inaugural class. Local startups include Savored (Ben McKean), SideTour (Vipin Goyal), AgSquared (Giulia Stellari), Audience Ampilfy, NeverWare, Sensobi (Ajay Kulkarni, which got acquired by GroupMe), SpotOn (Gauri Manglik) and gtrot (Brittany Laughlin), Phil Kim (Bundle), Lindsey Markelz (Charity Gift Market) and Shaun So (Cubby). The NYC chaper is held at the downtown offices at Cooley LLC (for which we would like to thank Mark and Babak Yamaghie)Achievements by SLP-NY fellows:
- Ben McKean (Savored) was named a finalist in Bloomberg Businessweek’s 2010 America’s Best Young Entrepreneurs.
- Vipin Goyal (SideTour) was selected for the Techstars inaugural class in NYC 2011 and is now funded
- Gauri Manglik (SpotOn)and Kanchan Koya (Switch Biotics and Program Leader for SLP NYC) were selected as Betabeat's 25 most influential women who are driving the tech scene in New York
- Gauri Manglik (spotOn) and Jonathon Hefter (Neverware) were selected in Business Insider's 25 Hot New York City Startups You Need To Watch
- Kelsey Recht (VenueBook) and Shaun So (Cubby) were named amongst 25 startups to watch in New York City
The program is sponsored by Cooley LLP.
Cooley LLPView Larger Map
Program Team: Bedrick Gadea, Brian Gillette, Marshall Cox, Dmitry Koltunov & Kelsey Recht
Advisors: Somak Chattopadhyay (GSA Venture Partners), Charlie Kemper (ER Accelerator), Arthur Tinkelenberg (CEO Enumeral Biomedical), Nihal Mehta (Serial Entrepreneur and investor, CEO of Local Response, Eniac Ventures)
Regional Director : Babak Kia
Sponsors: Cooley LLP.
Contact us: newyork AT startupleadership.com
SLP NYC Fellows
SLP NYC Blog Entries